Greg Stolze: Forums

Discuss Greg Stolze's recent works
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Last Night's Dream
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

Last night I dreamed I was fighting Dr. Doom after he'd conquered the world, and (with the help of anti-gravity boots that didn't quite let me fly, but man could I jump around) I wound up stabbing him through the eye-hole of his helmet with a pen that my masters' thesis adviser gave me. (In the dream this is. And there was something where Dr. Fisher wept because he'd betrayed me and warned Doom I was coming, but I'd factored that in to my master plan.) Susan and Johnny Storm were in there somewhere too, but didn't seem to be doing much... mostly it was about trying to get through the force field around the massive wreckage of the machine Doom had used to conquer everything, which was kind of a mechanical octopus. Think the robot from "The Incredibles" only proportioned like the thing Ozymandius used to destroy New York in "Watchmen" and in a similar position of disarray. I had to get to that, and Doom had built some kind of railroad and, also, a small greenhouse inside it, I was jumping around like a flea while Susan Storm yelled at us and Doom was sneering at me in -- this surprised me -- rhymed iambic pentameter, and then I got 'im in the eye and woke up.

I think there may also have been elements of The Wayne Identity, but I don't remember them now.

I dunno. Yesterday I was really listless and uninspired, and today I feel better. This is an unflattering metaphor, but maybe it's like when you get a little constipated and then it all busts loose in one massive...

You know what? I'm just going to end this post and have breakfast now.

-G.

Who worries that this dream is going to wind up as publicly discussed as the fat kid who made the lightsaber video.

Post subject: Re: Last Night's Dream
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:35 pm 

If inspiration is like digestion, I really do wonder what sort of diet is required to get it flowing again.... ahem :mrgreen: