Greg Stolze: Forums

Discuss Greg Stolze's recent works
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Company questions
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:53 am 

I've been running a Reign-based game for a month or so now, but I've just realised I don't properly understand some of the Company rules. Any clarifications people could offer would be greatly appreciated.

1) During an Attack, the defender can chose to make it a dynamic contes. If you get a set through, you reduce the enemies quality by 1, temporarily (if you're the defender, you can only reduce their Might; if you're the attacker, you can reduce Might or Territory, but the defender choses which). Once the Quality has been reduced to 0 (but only by successful attacks, not just by use-based depletion), the loss 'becomes permanent'.

What does 'become permanent' mean? Have I reduced their Might by 1 permanently, or have I reduced to 0 permanently?

Also, any attacks that the defenders lets through without opposing, do 1 point of permanent damage, right?

2) If I succeed at an Unconvential Warfare attack, what are the results? The text talks about attack Qualities, and suggests different ways to attack each Quality, but doesn't make explicit anywhere what the mechanical effects of an attack are. I assume it's a permanent -1 to the targetted quality, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks in advance!

Kath

Post subject: Re: Company questions
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:33 pm 
Site Admin

1) Permanently reduced to 0.

Quote:
Also, any attacks that the defenders lets through without opposing, do 1 point of permanent damage, right?

Correct.

Quote:
I assume it's a permanent -1 to the targetted quality, but I'm not 100% sure.

You can now be 100% sure. You're correct there too.

-G.

Post subject: Re: Company questions
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:44 am 

Thanks very much for the clarification!

I think I'm going to have to have the next company the PC's attack do the active defense thing, jsut to scare them silly at the thought of loosing their precious Might :).